What is an initial Cross Connection Survey?
It is much like a land survey, except it captures water connections in a facility.
On April 1, 2017, Peel introduced a back flow bylaw. Essentially, building owners are required to test their backflow prevention devices. Also, building owners are required to submit a Cross Connection survey essentially listing information about the current building piping. This helps determine the requirements for compliance and current building status.
The Region of Peel defines Cross connections and backflow devices as follows:
Backflow is the flow of water from a high to a low-pressure area. It happens when there is a drop in pressure in the water distribution system.
Cross-connections are in every drinking water supply system. Depending on the system’s size, many potential cross-connections may exist. When backflow happens through an unprotected cross-connection, it could threaten the integrity of the water system.
All municipalities are working on safeguarding their drinking water by requiring that private plumbing systems with cross-connections also have backflow prevention devices. By-laws such as Backflow prevention By-law 10-2017 reinforce this.
The information collected on the survey will determine whether or not there is acceptable protection on the lines or if prevention devices need to be installed.
In Peel, Backflow prevention devices must be installed within one year of your survey being completed. Your backflow device must also be tested every year.
ARC Plumbing has already Completed the Application of Qualified Person Registry. We are registered with the Region of Peel and other areas in the GTA and beyond
- We are qualified, certified and registered to test, install, service and/or repair Backflow preventers.
- We are able to complete and submit all paperwork for backflow preventer testing in various municipalities.
- We are able to complete and submit all paperwork for the purposes of completing a cross connection survey at your facility
- We have OWWA (Ontario Waterworks Association) certified testers
- ARC Plumbing has already Completed the Application of Qualified Person Registry. We are registered with the Region of Peel and other areas in the GTA and beyond
- Authorized to carry work out in your municipality – City of Toronto, Region of Peel, Halton Region, London, etc.
Contact us to book an Initial Cross Connection Survey or call immediately for more information.